Monday, June 27, 2011

Technology

I would have loved to blog about the parade, the MVP trophy, and all the festivities in Boston as they were happening, but my computer decided to break. It's still broken, actually.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5893. It was purchased on Black Friday, November 2008. I didn't use it until August 2009. From the beginning, I've had hard drive crashes, which sometimes bring the computer to an unusable crawl, but must be endured in order to get past the block and run normally. The screen is completely shot; I'm currently running on an external monitor trying to back up all my data, including over a hundred gig of torrented videos.

The computer was $480. For that much money, one would think it would last a little longer. Actually, being RGB dependent isn't so bad. Problem would be in obtaining what I need to set up full time, since I'm using a friend's screen right now. And now I have to talk to people about what I should do. My parents think I should buy a new laptop. I don't really want a new one. I've hardly gotten anything near my money's worth out of this one. It was broken half of last school year, it seems. I'm always having to find ways around things. I usually do my work in the labs, but how do I explain that to my parents, who bought me this for my education?

*Groan* This is why I prefer desktops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Haters will be hatin', but please don't litter my blog with trollish behavior. Speak the truth, attack me, fine, but don't start fights with other visitors. This isn't YouTube.